Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 3

Yep I forgot to post it yesterday, oh well I'm posting it now.......

Yesterday started off great!  I had energy in the morning, did a lot of errands with the hubby and son, even made another quick stop at a grocery store to pick up a couple of forgotten items.......then the trouble started.

We had been out for awhile and I hadn't had any juice in about 3-4 hours and was starting to get real hungry after being in the grocery store and watched my husband eat his lunch (he wasn't going to eat in front of me but he hadn't had anything since breakfast so I told him to go ahead, it was my fault).  I just started getting REALLY hungry and it just got worse when we got home.  About an hour after we got home I made my juice for the evening and it was DISGUSTING!!!  OMG I couldn't stand it, but I ended up choking it down anyways cause I didn't want to waste all the veggies and fruits.  Then the hubby and daughter had hot dogs for dinner and WOW I would have given my left arm for a flippin hot dog!  I was so hungry I started crying about the hunger pains and came really close to giving up and saying fuck it all.  But then Chad started reminding me of all the reasons why I was doing this and then Yahoo had an article about what really was in our food and of course I read it and got disgusted all over again (well played Yahoo, well played).  Between those things it gave me the strength to not cheat and concentrate on something else.  But it was really really hard; the hardest it has been yet.

Here was the menu for yesterday......

Morning: Same as the night before......... 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 whole cucumber (with the skin shaved off cause of the wax coating), and about a cup and half of pineapple.  Again I give it a 5 out of 5 stars (I think that's what I gave, if not I'm giving it a promotion)

Afternoon:  1 celery stalk, 1 carrot, 2 radishes, a large handful of green cabbage, and 1 green apple.  I give it 3 out of 5.......it does not sound good but I happen to like radishes and the green apple and radish taste complement each other and basically erase all the other "bad" tastes.  So it was fairly good.

Evening:  about a cup and half of cauliflower, 2 large handfuls of kale (with the stalks), half a lemon, and 1 kiwi............0 out of 5..........gross gross GROSS!!!  I honestly don't think it was the cauliflower (since it was the first time I had added it to a drink yet) but just the combination of everything, it tasted very bitter and had a nasty aftertaste.  But considering I have been inventing my own recipe's during this whole process and this is the first awful one, I'm still going to say I got mad skills when it comes to juice tasting.

I weigh myself every morning before I have my first juice and here was today's weight and BMI......

Weight 197.8  (lost 2.9lbs from before)
BMI 31.04

No comments:

Post a Comment