Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Very slight change of plan

No, I'm not quitting or putting it off just changing what I do up until I start the whole non-solid food part. 

After doing more research on people who have done this before I have come up with a few things I want to start doing before I start to help with my critical detox stage (the first 3 -5 days). 

First, I am going shopping tonight for lots of fruits and veggies after I take a shower, yes shower comes first, then shopping

Second, I am going to start replacing one meal a day (maybe 2 by this weekend) with a juice to start prepping my body for the change in reduced calories and introduction of high volumes of vitamins and minerals (something my body isn't used to obviously)

Third, I'm cutting out coffee, and as much sugar as I can muster up enough will power to cut out.....again to prepare my body of not having any

In doing all of this now I'm trying to avoid having major withdraw problems with the beginning of my detox.  Anything I can do to lessen the possible cramps, hunger pains, and cravings will be most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. the best way to reduce cravings and lessen hunger is to slow down digestion. Protein/fat/fiber is the best way to do that... does it all have to be liquid? maybe add some raw almonds or avocado.
    i have discovered that nothing in a juice can cover up the taste of turnip greens. and apples, lemons, and limes work wonders!

    ReplyDelete